Virgin London Marathon- club places
Every year W&DAC receives places in the Virgin London Marathon by virtue of being a British athletics club. For the 2020 race we have received 2 places.
The club runs a ballot to give out these places to members. In order to be eligible for the ballot you must have:-
- Been a member of the Club on 31 March 2019. Anyone who joined the Club after 31 March 2019 will not be eligible for the ballot this year; AND
- Have a copy of your rejection slip or rejection email received in 2019 (this can be from the main ballot or the GFA ballot).
To achieve a second entry, you need to have marshalled at the Club’s Welly 5 race in July or the Cross Country in November or run one of the Northants Road Running League races for the club over the Summer. Either of these will give you a further ONE entry into the ballot.
A third and final entry can be gained by running five or more of the NRRL races (or by marshalling at the Welly 5 and running 4 or more of the NRRL races), giving you ONE further ballot place.
Please state in your email how many entries into the ballot you believe you are eligible for. This will be checked.
The maximum number of entries per person is three.
It is a requirement that if you win a club place in the draw for London, you must represent the club by wearing your club vest during the race.
The ballot will be drawn at the Christmas Party on 6 December 2019. All entries must be with the Club Secretary by 5 December in order to be put into the ballot (no exceptions).
- Runners for London 2019 from the club ballot are: Colin Harris and Sally Hewitt.
- Runners for London 2018 from the club ballot are: Tony Frain and Nicola Manning.
- Runners for London 2016 from the club ballot are: Kelly Wedge, Mandy Crabb and Colin Harris.
- Runners for London 2015 were: Timothy Walsh, Karen Tomkins, Gillian Brightwell and Michael Quinn.
- Runners for London 2014 were: Lisa Wood, Chris Jones, Shaun Cherry and Mary Moore. Reserve: Kevin Lewis