Three Counties Cross Country League
The Club takes part in the annual Three Counties Cross Country League. The Three Counties League is a local league with 13 teams from around Beds, Herts, Bucks and Northants (We know that is technically four counties but the league has grown through popularity!) All the races are on a Sunday morning and the distance of each race is between 4.5 and 5 miles, never more than 5.5 miles. Your finishing time is not important but your position is. They attract runners of all abilities. The post race social includes a roll, a cake and a drink. The club pays for your entry into this league and if you haven’t yet put your name down for the Cross Country but would like to run speak to Alan.
Sadly the Three Counties Cross Country League for 2020/21 has been cancelled due to COVID 19.
Useful Cross Country Info:
- The rules state you need to run in a club vest as these are team races.
- Studded trainers or spikes can be beneficial but normal trainers are worn by some runners.
- The routes will be on grass, tracks, shingle paths and mud, but not on roads.
- At the end of the race at the finishing tunnel you will be handed a raffle ticket. This is your finishing position in the race and the ticket needs to be handed to our club member assigned to record the positions of our team.
- The club results will be collated and our counting team submitted so that the overall team results can be announced at the Race HQ as soon as possible after the finish of the race.
- The counting team is our first 7 men, at least 2 of whom must be Vets, and the first 3 ladies, at least 1 of whom must be a Vet.
- Each scoring runner will contribute a point score equal to their position within their category. So the winning team is the one with the lowest number of points. You may not be a member of the counting team but each member of another club whom you finish in front of, if they count for their team, will have a higher points total because you finished in front of them.
- Car Parking at all the venues is always tight so please car share as much as possible. We usually meet at the Priory pub in Wellingborough and all drive off from there. Listen out on club nights for more details.
All of the results from the previous years are on the 3CXC Historical Results page.
Chiltern XC League
The Club also enters the Chiltern XC league. This is made up of clubs from around the Chilterns but stretches so far as to include Rugby and Northampton and Higham Harriers. The races are all fairly local and promise to be muddy and good fun. For anyone wishing to enter, please contact Jon Kemp.